I will begin by saying that I am not usually a fan of tuna fish. When I was a child, my mom would make tuna fish sandwiches for my dad and brother. I think I preferred a peanut butter and jelly sandwich instead. This dislike for tuna fish has continued into my adult years with the exception of tuna macaroni salad. Since I've been married, I keep tuna fish around for my husband, and when he has an inkling, he'll put together a sandwich for himself.
In recent months I've actually liked tuna fish when I've made it. This ranks in a post I wrote in January about how my eating habits had changed while being pregnant. Lately, I've been trying to make dishes that incorporate more protein and vegetables; and came across this recipe. I thought I'd give it a try. It is easy to put together, and tastes good.
Tonight I ate an early dinner by myself; then had this same meal ready to go when Eric had a friend over for a meeting. They seemed to enjoy it, because the plates were returned to the kitchen empty!
Tuna Salad Pepper Cups
Source: Taste of Home's Quick Cooking, 2002, page 236
2 large green, red, or yellow peppers
2 cans (6 oz. each) tuna, drained
2 green onions, chopped
1 medium cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
(1/4 cup dill pickle relish)
Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a bowl, combine tuna, cucumber, onions, mayonnaise and relish. Spoon into pepper cups. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
(Note: I tried to post a picture, but my editing program is giving me problems...so I'll try again another time).
No comments:
Post a Comment